Become a Member of Award Winning Madera Post 131 – You’ve probably heard of The American Legion. We’re veterans just like you, nearly 3 million strong, who care about America, veterans, their families, and our nation’s youth.
The National organization starts their yearly membership renewal on July 1st each year for the next calendar year with a renewal mailing to all members. In addition, the local Posts are provided preprinted cards for that process. All members are requested to submit their renewals in order to receive the new Early Bird Value Added Card and to help achieve the honorable 100% renewal distinction.
The American Legion starts yearly membership renewal on July 1st each year for the next calendar year with a renewal mailing to all members. Current members may also renew online by clicking this link. Post 131 is provided preprinted cards for renewal purposes.
All members are requested to renew their membership in the Post 131 office or online in order to receive the new Early Bird Value Added Card and to help achieve the honorable 100% renewal distinction. Early Bird Value Added Card provides members with a limited number of discounted drinks for a period of time.
- Eligibility: Membership eligibility in The American Legion is based on honorable service with the US Armed Forces between:
- December 7, 1941 and December 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 and January 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- August 24, 1982 and July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
- December 20, 1989 and January 31, 1990 (Operation Just Cause – Panama)
- *August 2, 1990 until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States (Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm)
- * Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
- New Membership: Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information:
- Complete an American Legion Membership application (Applications are available at the Post 131 office – See the Adjutant)
- Copy of DD214 or Discharge (Get information about your DD-214 online)
- Membership Dues Payment
- Please review eligibility dates (ABOVE) before applying. Membership will be approved and then your membership card will be available for pickup in the lounge/bar anytime the lounge is open.
- Transfers: Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to Post 131 must submit the following:
- Completed Member Data Form (see Adjutant)
- Copy of existing membership card
- Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid