Our Service Officer

Do you need help with Veterans Benefits or Claims?

Members in need of benefits and disability claims will need to contact the Arizona Department of Veterans Services, Tucson Benefits Office at:

1661 North Swan Rd, Suite 128, Tucson, AZ  85712,  520-207-4960

Other Helpful Information 

To prepare for opening a VA claim for disability or other benefits compensation, the veteran should try and gather the following documents:

1)  Military Discharge (aka DD Form 214) – original or certified copy is BEST.
2)  Other Military Service information (branch, dates of service, reserve or National Guard service dates, etc.)
3)  Medical records (military and/or civilian) if available, and if applying for a service-connected disability.
4)  Contact information for civilian medical providers who treated the veteran for military related sicknesses or injuries (i.e., doctors, specialists, hospitals, etc.)
5)  Your bank deposit information (i.e., Voided check.  VA will automatically deposit into this account if benefits are awarded)

Veterans or surviving Kin can request Military Service Records (military discharge, personnel, and medical) via the Internet at:  http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

Transitions for Veterans

For qualified Veterans and their Surviving Spouses the decision to seek help with assisted living, in-home care, or skilled nursing just got a whole lot easier.  Transitions for Veterans can help make this transition a more positive one. A Veteran’s dedicated service to our country could qualify them or their Surviving Spouse for a pension to offset the cost of assisted living, in-home care, or skilled nursing.  Contact Transitions for Veterans online at http://www.transitionsforveterans.org/ or by phone at 1 (888) 929-6055.