The pillars of the American Legion that we strive to serve comprise Veterans Affairs & Rehabilitation, Americanism, Children and Youth, National Security & Foreign Relations, and Community Service. American Legion Madera Post 131 is committed to serving and supporting veterans, youth and our community through its establishment of the “Who We Serve” committee.
The “Who We Serve” Committee is headed by Past Commander Hans Boensel and meets periodically to review requests for donations and to make recommendations to the E Board for final approval.
Madera Post 131 and Legion Riders have been able to donate over $106,000.00 to various Veterans and Youth organizations in our community. Additional donations have also been made by the Legion Auxiliary and Sons of the American Legion.
Fiscal Year 2018-2019 we have made the following donations:
American Legion Madera Post 131
- $8,425 to Fisher House
- $200 to American Youth Soccer Organization – Sahuarita/Green Valley Charter 837
- $300 to Community Service Organizations
- $399 to Community Youth Programs
- $200 to Tucson Veterans day Parade
- $500 to 162nd Wing Family Support
- $100 to Navy SEAL Foundation
- $200 to Valley Assistance Service
$10,324 Donations to Date
American Legion Madera Post 131 Riders
- $328 to Blind Veterans
$328 Donations to Date
$10,652.00 Total Donations for Fiscal Year 2018-2019