The pillars of the American Legion that we strive to serve comprise Veterans Affairs & Rehabilitation, Americanism, Children and Youth, National Security & Foreign Relations, and Community Service. American Legion Madera Post 131 is committed to serving and supporting veterans, youth and our community through its establishment of the “Who We Serve” committee.
The “Who We Serve” Committee is headed by Past Commander Hans Boensel and meets periodically to review requests for donations and to make recommendations to the E Board for final approval.
Madera Post 131 and Legion Riders have been able to donate over $96,000.00 to various Veterans and Youth organizations in our community. Additional donations have also been made by the Legion Auxiliary and Sons of the American Legion.
Fiscal Year 2017-2018 we have made the following donations so far:
American Legion Madera Post 131
- 12.000.00 to Fisher House Foundation
- 150.00 to Sahuarita HS Power Football Booster Club
- 650.00 to Saguaro Baseball League
- 500.00 to Community Service Organizations
- 234.00 to Other Youth Programs
- 100.00 to Continental School Parent Teacher Club
- 1710.00 to American Legion National Emergency Fund
- 300.00 to AYUDA
- 15,644 Total Donations to Date
American Legion Madera Post 131 Riders
- 1,350.00 to Blind Vets Saturday Breakfasts
- 50.00 to the Fisher House Foundation
- 1,400 Total Donations to Date
$17,044 Total Donations for Fiscal Year 2017-2018