Queen of Hearts Progressive Raffle will be conducted at Post # 131 each Thursday from 4:00 till 6:00 PM (No games on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day).
Click here to download a copy of the rules.
How do you play Queen of Hearts?
- Queen of Hearts Raffle tickets will be sold at a cost of 3 tickets for $5.00 between the hours of 4:00 and 5:45 PM the day of the raffle.
- Tickets will be sold by QofH Volunteer’s in the multi-purpose room.
- Each person will be able to buy up to $300.00 worth of tickets.
- No group tickets. Each ticket sold will have one authorized* person’s name, please do not write nicknames or abbreviations. (*Authorized means eligible members of either the Legion, Auxiliary, or SAL units and only that person’s name may be on the ticket.)
- Exception: If a member chooses to donate their winnings, any reference to Post #131 is okay: (e.g.; Post 131, ALA 131, SAL 131, ALR 131)
- A winning ticket will be drawn by a Queen of Hearts volunteer from the raffle drum at 6:00 PM and announced. The winner will then come to the Queen of Hearts board and their ticket half will be matched against the drawn ticket and Legion Card verified. Thereafter, the winner will select the (one) card of their choice. The sealed envelope will be opened by a Queen of Hearts volunteer and the winner will be paid accordingly. The drawing of the Queen of Hearts ends the game. If the person whose ticket is drawn picks the Queen of Hearts, that person will be paid accordingly and the game will end.
If the Queen of Hearts is not picked, that person will be paid the prize for the card drawn. Immediately thereafter, a second drawing will be held to give a second, different person a chance to pick the Queen of Hearts. If the first person’s ticket is drawn a second time, that ticket is then disqualified and another ticket is drawn from the drum. Once the first person’s ticket is drawn, all subsequent tickets drawn for that person are disqualified. Drawing will continue until an eligible ticket is drawn.
If the second person picks the Queen of Hearts, he/she will win 50% of the then current pot defined as the pot at the beginning of that days drawing and the game will end. The other 50% of the pot will be added to half of the door ticket sales for that days drawing minus the payout to the first player. That amount will be the starting pot for the new game. If the second person does not pick the Queen of Hearts, they will be paid the prize for the card drawn and the game will continue.
What’s the Payout?
The card selected by the winner will pay-out as follows:
- Number cards from Two through Ten will pay $25.00.
- Face cards (Except the Queen of Hearts), and Aces will pay $50.00.
- Jokers will pay $100.00.
- The Queen of Hearts card is a game winner and automatically ends the game. If the person whose ticket is drawn picks the Queen of Hearts, that person wins the posted prize for that game. If the first person does not pick the Queen of Hearts a second drawing will be made for a $15 food voucher, redeemable at Burger Nite, Taco Nite or at Café Legion Tuesday through Friday. The voucher is a one-time use up to $15 and will be valid for 30 days from date of issue..
- NOTE: It is the responsibility of the players to know and understand the rules as posted. You are encouraged to use the link above to get the full set of rules prior to playing the game.