— Membership. Renewals for 2014 are coming in at a steady pace, remember that you don’t need a renewal notice to renew early to gain the value added benefit of our Early Bird Program.
Legion Headquarters in Indiana will send out renewal notices at various times depending on which organization you belong to. You do NOT however have to wait for that renewal notice. Just stop by the Post and either give your renewal to the office which is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – Noon at least, or drop it off with the bartender and they will see to it that it gets to the right organization. Legionnaires can also renew on line at legion.org/renew.
Renewals remain at $35.00 for the Legion, $25.00 for the Auxiliary and $20.00 for the Sons of the Legion (SAL). In addition to your 2014 card you will be able to share in our popular Early Bird Added Value program, which enables you to purchase one drink in the lounge for $.50 each month between July & December depending on when you renew.
Membership in Post #131 continues to grow, but we also need your participation in the various programs and food events. As always, thank you for your membership renewal and support of the American Legion & Post #131. And don’t forget that this Post depends totally on volunteers and you could be one of those who enjoy the fun and camaraderie.
— Lounge News. For those of you who have asked for a better quality of wine, you have spoken and we have responded with an upgraded Merlot and Chardonnay. Come in to try a glass.
— The Auxiliary is collecting toiletries for the homeless veterans (male and female). Toiletries such as: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, lotion etc. These items can be travel size! Please drop off at the Post, in the container by the Front Door before June 20th.
— The new Auxiliary cookbooks are available for sale at a cost of $15.00 a copy. Get your copy now.
— The Post has baseball caps available with the Legion logo and Post 131 embroidered on them. Cost is $20.00 each.
— We have some really nice Post pins in Arizona colors of copper and white that will show off Post 131 very nicely. Only $3.00. See the bartender.
— What my family should know. A new booklet entitled “Personal Affairs Action Guide,” a personal inventory for peace of mind, published by the Veterans Administration, is now available. Click here for details.
- How to Join – Are you eligible to join the American Legion?
- Monthly Events - Check out the What’s Happening Calendar! Or download a copy!
- Monthly Monitor Newsletter – Click here to download the latest Madera Monitor!
- Dining Opportunities – Check out our great kitchen fare!
- Do you need help with Veterans Benefits or Claims? You may want to make an appointment to talk with our Service Officer, Jeff Olson. CLICK Here for more details.
- American Legion Riders
- Subscribe to our WEEKLY Email Blast!
- or stop in at the Post to pick up a copy of The Madera Monitor…
- American Legion Auxiliary - Navigate to the Auxiliary’s Home Page
- Deli sandwiches are available in our lounge.