— Auxiliary Lunches: Soup, Salad, and Sandwiches are served Tuesday through Friday Every week.
No Lunches Served December 23 – January 5, 2015.
— A newly designed Post #131 license plate is now available from the lounge. It has the 3 logos on it with colorful US & AZ flags attached to the Legion logo in the middle. Price will be $10.00 each. They are also available for trade with other Posts. Check with the office for a current list of other Post plates.
— Membership. Renewals for 2015 will be accepted end of June; remember that you don’t need a renewal notice to renew early to gain the value added benefit of our Early Bird Program.
Legion Headquarters in Indiana will send out renewal notices at various times depending on which organization you belong to. You do NOT however have to wait for that renewal notice. Just stop by the Post and either give your renewal to the office which is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – Noon at least, or drop it off with the bartenders and they will see to it that it gets to the right organization. Legionnaires can also renew on line at legion.org/renew.
Renewals remain at $35.00 for the Legion, $25.00 for the Auxiliary and $20.00 for the Sons of the Legion (SAL).
Membership in Post #131 continues to grow, but we also need your participation in the various programs and food events. As always, thank you for your membership renewal and support of the American Legion & Post #131. And don’t forget that this Post depends totally on volunteers. You could be one of those who enjoy the fun and camaraderie.
— Lounge News. For those of you who have asked for a better quality of wine, you have spoken and we have responded with an upgraded Merlot and Chardonnay. Come in to try a glass.
— The Auxiliary is collecting toiletries for the homeless veterans (male and female). Toiletries such as: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, lotion etc. These items can be travel size! Please drop off at the Post, in the container by the Front Door before June 20th.
— The new Auxiliary cookbooks are available for sale at a cost of $15.00 a copy. Get your copy now.
— The Post has baseball caps available with the Legion logo and Post 131 embroidered on them. Cost is $20.00 each.
— What my family should know. A new booklet entitled “Personal Affairs Action Guide,” a personal inventory for peace of mind, published by the Veterans Administration, is now available. Click here for details.
- How to Join – Are you eligible to join the American Legion?
- Monthly Events – Check out the What’s Happening Calendar! Or download a copy!
- December 2014 Calendar
- Dining Opportunities – Check out our great kitchen fare! Click HERE for a printable copy of the Sandwich Menu.
- Do you need help with Veterans Benefits or Claims? You may want to attend the monthly “Benefits & Disability Claims Orientation” held by our Service Officer at Post 131 on the LAST MONDAY of each month. Click Here for more details.
- American Legion Riders
- Subscribe to our WEEKLY Email Blast!
- American Legion Auxiliary - Navigate to the Auxiliary’s Home Page
- Deli sandwiches are available in our lounge.